Saturday, June 27, 2015

Summer Waters Blog Hop

Today I am doing the Summer Waters blog hop with Lisa from Pine Ridge Treasures.  


A lot of times, I get the kits from Lisa and wonder if she has a little camera in my bead room.  She always sends me beads that match perfectly with a focal I've been saving.  The owl is a Marti Conrad piece that I was saving , the rest are the beads Lisa sent:



I ended up with 2 necklaces, a bracelet and 3 pairs of earrings.  Be warned this post is picture heavy.

Here is the necklace that I did with Marti's owl.  I added moonstone nuggets from my stash, the rest of the beads were from the kit.


A close up of the focal, isn't he adorable?  I just love Marti's work:


I had little owl charms that I did earrings with.  I need to redo the wire, I was messing around to see if I could come up with something different, and I like these.


Here is the other necklace, I love the blues in this one - they worked so well with the pearls.


Here is a close up of the back:
 

I liked this combo so much, I did a bracelet too:


Another view:

And some earrings:





And finally the last pair of earrings.  I am so bummed, one of them broke while we were taking pictures.  I thought I'd include them anyway, hopefully I can find another little fishy.





Thanks for visiting my blog, please take a look at what the other participants did with their beads:




Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist

Carolyn Lawson, Carolyn's Creations


Susan Anderson, La Main Tresor

Kim Dworak, Cianci Blue   <--------You are here

Saundra Farren, Something by Saundra


Gloria Allen, Wings and Beads

Shaiha Williams, Shaihas Ramblings

Rosee Chara Hanemaayer,  Silver Penny Artisans

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim your owl is adorable and the moonstone nuggets are a great choice to accent it. You were very prolific with your bead kit. Your designs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is precious, Your pieces really Pretty looks like you had fun with this kit, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the owl necklace and earrings. I am a big fan of Marti's work also. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to hop on over here!... I am loving the necklace with the owl! What a great match! The pearl prices are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that first necklace! That little owl is so sweet and you found him the perfect home.

    ReplyDelete